Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Day of Spring

Let me state upfront that this post has nothing to do with food.

I just wanted to share with you the pictures of a beautiful tree that has bloomed in front of our house. A pesky beetle had somehow made it inside the house and I was trying to drive it away thus opening the balcony door. I know! It took a beetle to get me to the balcony, because although it's officially spring (Yesterday (3/20) was the first day of spring for 2009), it's still cold and I don't venture out on the balcony or for that matter, out of the house, except while going to the gym.

So I was pleasantly surprised , when I got on the balcony to see this beautiful tree standing there with lovely white flowers. Just 15 days earlier, the tree was completely barren and to see such a transformation was a pleasure indeed. Although I've never given the tree a second glance till date, today I feel proud like a mother would feel when her child achieves something gr8 :) I feel a sense of belonging, a sense of ownership...

I couldn't wait for hubby to get home to show him our tree (I told you... a sense of ownership :) ) He said it was a cherry blossom tree and since I haven't seen one before, I have to agree. I even pestered him to click pictures from all angles, so I could save them for posterity. So here I share them with you and you'll know I'm not exaggerating when I say I have the most beautiful tree in Atlanta :)

While the first picture, gives the view of the tree from our balcony, the others were clicked from outside the house. The building you see is where we live, on the 2nd floor. You can click on the individual pictures to see the high res images.









0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More